Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Former Hornet's, Garritan and Guenin, continue to impress in Division 1

This past weekend was also another homecoming for Lou Garritan, who is in his senior season at Bemidji State. Bemidji dropped a 2-1 contest to Robert Morris which features former Hornets Sean Berkstresser, Jace Buzek, and Eric Trax.

The former Pittsburgh Hornet apparently played his final game on Pittsburgh ice over the weekend, and will apparently leave as a player following graduation. “Hopefully we can go for our third championship in the CHA. It would be great to go out on,” he said.

“For me, I think I’m going to pack it up after this year. Hockey has been great to me, my dream was to play Division I, and I’ve played here for four years. Otherwise, I’m going to get into the working world and see where it goes from there.”

Ohio State bounced back from a pair of losses over the weekend against Bowling Green, and shutout another Ohio rival, Miami, last night by a 3-0 score. Former Hornet defenseman and current Ohio State captain Nate Guenin had two assists for the Buckeyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home